Why Waking Up Early Will Improve Your Entire Day
Here’s some benefits of waking up early.
Since starting up my online business I’ve been waking up early, actually a lot earlier. I knew I needed to make more time in my day to be able to dedicate to building my future, and actually found the transition super easy.
So easy in fact, I don’t even need an alarm to get me up.
Why has it been so easy for me?
Because I have clear and strong goals and I’m super motivated. Before I found this opportunity I struggled to even get out of bed on some days. I’d lay there dreading the day ahead and sometimes unable to get up to face it.
At the moment, it also helps that we’ve been in warmer months and my body clock is generally set to wake up when the sun rises, not quite sure how this will go come winter but I’m hoping my body will be so used to the routine by then that it won’t be an issue. Even better, I’m hoping not to be home for very much of it.
I always thought I wouldn’t be able to function properly if I didn’t get enough sleep, that the eight hours minimum was gospel. Rarely have I actually slept a full eight hours, but when I didn’t have something to look forward to in the mornings, I used to just lay in bed and try to get that extra bit of sleep because I thought it would make me feel better throughout the days.
Turns out that myth has been totally busted. There’s a lot more research in favour of less sleep, and all the most successful people will tell you one of the main secrets to their success is getting up early and just getting it done.
So why is waking up early so good?
- You get to experience the beauty of sunrise.
- You get to experience the peace of the day, before the hustle and bustle of life begins.
- You can fit so much more into your day (this morning I had already finished my bootcamp by 6:15am, was home and showered by 7am, got to enjoy a proper breakfast, catch up on some reading, and listen to a motivational audio, and all of this was before I even had to leave for work)
- You feel more motivated – waking up with purpose and determination is truly incredible.
- You’re more productive – I don’t know about you but I’m easily distracted. Getting up early and getting started on the day before most people are even awake gives me a lot of time to focus and get jobs done a lot better.
- You’re always on time because you’re not waiting until the last minute to get ready. This reduces stress levels and results in people around you being happier so is a win-win for all.
- You avoid traffic – there’s nothing worse than wasting time in back to back traffic. This point alone has had a massively positive impact on my life.
- You are less likely to make excuses. One of the main reasons I used to struggle with exercise is because I used to leave it for after work, as the day progressed my days would get busier and busier and I’d find myself constantly skipping sessions. Waking up early and getting it out of the way is so much better – not only for your health but for your mood.
So what do you reckon? Will you be able to make the switch to waking up early?
Do yourself a favour and try it for at least 21 days and see if you want to stop after that. I guarantee you’ll be hooked!
Good luck and much love.
P.S. If you like what you’ve read feel free to like, comment, or share. Your time reading my post is greatly appreciated. 🙂